- Video: Fighting Terrorism ObamaStyle; By Fixing Weather & Apologizing For U.S. Making It Hotter!
- CNN Video: Trump Is NEVER Wrong…Seriously? Jake Tapper Vs Trump Spokesman
- Video: New Ad Defends Ted Cruz Against Rubio’s ‘Weak On National Security’ Attacks
- ‘Meet The Press’ Video: Hugh Hewitt & Others Discuss Election 2016
- Pic Of The Day…
- NFL Game Of The Day: Panthers At Cowboys (Pk)
- Happy Thanksgiving America…
- Fox Video: Krauthammer…Ben Carson Clearly Knows Nothing About Foreign Policy
- Video: Obama’s Former CIA Director; Didn’t Hit ISIS’s Oil Out Of Fear Of Environmental Damage
- ‘Kelly File’ Video: Ted Cruz On Obama’s ISIS ‘Strategy’ & Rubio’s PAC Ad & Immigration Plan
From Heritage Foundation (Pics added by B.S. Report)
By Alyene Senger
As Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion is being debated in the states, many myths are being perpetuated by its advocates. Here, Heritage provides the research to debunk such myths:
1. Myth: Expanding Medicaid is “free money” for the states.
Reality: The expansion adds an estimated $638 billion in new government spending from 2013–2023. New spending at the federal or state level is reckless in light of the country’s trillion dollar budget deficits and over $16 trillion in national debt. As Governor Rick Perry (R–TX) stated, “[T]here is no such thing as ‘free’ money. We know there’s only money that’s collected from taxpayers, and money borrowed from other countries like China against the good credit of our children and grandchildren.”
2. Myth: Expanding Medicaid will entail little to no costs to the states.
Reality: Within three years, costs would exceed any projected savings. Heritage research shows 40 of 50 states would see increases in costs due the Medicaid expansion. If all states expand, state spending on Medicaid would increase by an estimated $41 billion by 2022. (Read more.)