- Prager University Video: Immigrants! Don’t Vote For What You Fled
- ‘Louder With Crowder’ Video: Top 10 Hillary Clinton Wikileaks You MUST Know
- Project Veritas Videos: Clinton Campaign Inciting Violence At Trump Rallies
- Prager University Video: I Learned More at McDonald’s Than at College
- ‘Right Angle’ Video: Trump’s Business Dealings With Russia
- Columnist Of The Day: Walter E. Williams; Compensating Differences
- Prager University Video: Who’s More Compassionate: The Left Or The Right?
- Mark Levin Audio: Obama’s Political Speech At Slain Dallas Cops Funeral
- Washington Free Beacon Video: Clinton Lying Over & Over About Sending/Receiving Classified Email
- Prager University Video: Do 97% Of Climate Scientists Really Agree?
From Townhall (Pics added by B.S. Report)
What economists call an ability to make “compensating differences” is a valuable tool in everyone’s arsenal. If people are prohibited from doing so, they are always worse off. You say, “Williams, I never heard of compensating differences. What are they?”
Jimmy Soul’s 1963 hit song, “If You Wanna Be Happy,” explained the concept of compensating differences. His lyrics went: “If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. So from my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.” His point was that an ugly woman would treat you better. But more importantly, a less attractive woman’s willingness to compensate for her differences enables her to effectively compete with a pretty woman. (Read more.)